Use default and custom tasks to structure the annotation and fact-checking of items in your workspace, and assign them to specific users.
This article explains:
Click the gear icon in the header of the left panel (1), and select the ‘Tasks’ tab (2). All default tasks are listed here.
Default tasks are automatically added to all items in your workspace. Note: if you create a new task, it will only be added to future items. It will not appear on items that have been previously added.
Create a new default task
1. Click the ‘New task’ button located at the top right of the list of default tasks.
2. From the menu, choose the type of task you want to add from the available options. To learn more about types of tasks, read this article.
3. Complete the task setting form in the popup window. You can also select the option to add the task to the browser extension (1) and also the folder(s) you would like the task to be added to (2). By default, the task will be appended to all folders. Click ‘Save’ to complete adding the new default task (3).
Editing or deleting existing tasks
From the ‘Tasks’ tab, click on the action menu of the tasks you want to edit.
Choose to delete or edit the tasks.
Each task has a common set of option:
Prompt: A brief call to action for reviewers.
Description: Additional information to contextualize the prompt.
Show in browser extension: To display the task in Check’s browser extension.
Show tasks in: Choose in which folder(s) the task will be added to. By default, the task is added to all folders in your workspace.
In addition, each type of task has different available options. Learn more about the different types of tasks and their respective options in this article.
You can add tasks directly from an item page. Note: custom tasks are not added to the default tasks list.
From the item page, click on the tasks tab located to the right of your screen.
Click the 'Add task' button.
Follow the same steps as listed for the creation of default tasks.
Both default and custom tasks can be assigned to one or more workspace team members.
Assignees will receive an email notifying them of tasks that have been assigned to them. They can also navigate to their assigned tasks, by clicking their name at the bottom left of the screen, then clicking ‘User settings’, then ‘Assignments’.
Important note when assigning several users to 'Required' tasks
Whether you assign required tasks to several members, all of them MUST answer or resolve those tasks in order for the status of items to be changed. It will not be enough if one of them resolves the task.
Assigning an item
When assigning an item, you will assign all the tasks in this item.
1. From the item page, open the action menu located at the top right of your screen.
2. Choose ‘Assign to…’ from the drop down menu.
3. Click the name of the workspace team member you want to assign the item to, add an optional note to the notification email, and click ‘Update'.
Assigning individual tasks
1. From the ‘Tasks’ tab of any item, open the task you want to assign.
2. Open the action menu located in the lower right of the task, and select ‘Assign/Unassign’.
3. Select the name(s) of the workspace team member you want to assign the task to and click ‘Submit.
Editing and Deleting tasks
Users with adequate permission can manually edit and delete tasks:
1. Click open the task action menu in the lower right of a task.
2. Select an option from the action menu:
Assign / Unassign: clicking this option allows you to assign a task to individual or multiple team members. You can also unassign a task by clicking the “x” to the right of their name.
Delete task: opens a pop up window where you can confirm the action.