Items statuses represent the position of items in your editorial workflow. They can be edited from the Item page
The language of the statuses change with the language of the browser and is available in several languages such as Arabic, French and Spanish.
- Unstarted: When an item is added to your workspace, it will have the status 'Unstarted by default'.
- In progress: Indicates to the rest of the team that an item is currently being reviewed.
- Inconclusive: Indicates that no conclusion has been reached during the annotation process.
- Verified: Indicates the item is factually correct.
- False: Indicates the item is factually incorrect.
Report statuses: Sending reports to users via Check Message
- Report: Verified: Sends the report to all user having requested the item, including the mention 'Verified', prominently displayed.
- Report: False: Sends the report to all user having requested the item, including the mention 'False', prominently displayed.
- Report: Inconclusive: Sends the report to all user having requested the item, including the mention 'Inconclusive', prominently displayed.
Resolving tasks in order to access Report statuses.
- Report statuses will be locked until a reviewer resolves all mandatory tasks for the item.
- If a mandatory task is assigned to more than one user, the task is resolved only if all assigned users answer it.
Depending on their roles, users may not have the permission to change statuses of an items. To learn more, visit Permissions on Check.
Statuses can changed or added to fit your editorial workflow. If you need to changes to the default set of statuses, reach out the Check team via Intercom (Orange button at the bottom right of your screen).
Status of related items
Learn more about related items here.
- When the status of a main item is changed, the status of all secondary items is changed at the same time.
- The status of secondary items is always the same as the status of the main item, and cannot be changed independently.
Owners and editors can choose to lock the status so that other users cannot change the status of an item. Later on, they can unlock this status.
- Open the action menu of the item located at the top right of the the item page.
- Choose 'Lock status' in the menu.
- The dropdown menu to change status is now un-available for the item.
- To un-lock the status, go to the same action menu and select 'Unlock status'.